Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sophomore Election for President!


Below(under "4 comments") are the postings from our three candidates for president of the SOPHOMORE class! Read them carefully and talk to all your friends about who would be our best leader and hardest worker! On Tuesday we will vote during homeroom! ...Mr. Bauer

4 comments:

  1. My name is Elizabeth Salmi and I am running for Sophomore Senate president. I am involved in Cheerleading, Softball, and Drama Club. I believe I would be a good candidate for president because I am hardworking and responsible. I will work my best to help make this year filled with memorable experiences and good times. I look forward to meeting and working with everyone in the sophomore class. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As most of you know, my name is Matt Boscia and I have been elected to run for your class president. I would like to take this opportunity to let those of you who do not know me so well, get to know me better, and try to help you understand why I should be chosen for class president. I am an intelligent person and have been on the first honor roll since I was in third grade. Although the other candidates are intelligent as well, I also have many other qualities about me that they do not. I am very well known in the school and I am also extremely involved in Roselle Catholic and all its activities. I run Cross Country in the Fall, Winter Track in the Winter, and Spring Track in the Spring. I participate in Festival of Lights, the Environmental Club, was chosen to attend Freshman Esopus this past year, and this year I would also like to attend Marist Youth events. As a result of all these activities and clubs, I am always at the school. Some days I am even here from seven in the morning to seven at night- half of the day! This school is my home away from home and I would love to take on another task in it- being your class President. I love this school very much and I will do the best I can to help you love it too. I cannot promise you cookies, candy, or other material things, but I assure you that I will make this school year great if I am picked as President. I am a very strong person with great leadership qualities. I am not shy and I am not afraid to stand up in a crowd or help someone in need. I am kind, caring, and understanding. I am also very cooperative, meaning if someone ever has something they would like to occur this year, I am a great listener and would love to hear it. I will account for everyone’s word- you will be heard! If you seen me in the halls do not be afraid to come up to me if you are in need of help, would like to suggest something for our class, or even just to talk! I will try and make this year the best it can possibly be for everyone in this class! Choose me, Matt Boscia, for Sophomore Class President, you will not regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! As most of you may or may not know, my name is Mary Angelique Demetillo and I am running to be your sophomore class president. The one thing most people know me for is my height, I am short. But I'm fine with that, that way I won't overlook anyone's ideas and/or opinions (haha, get it??? Because I'm short, I can't look over you... ? ... okay). Other than that, I work very hard and give my best in everything I do. I like to think I am responsible and because of that, I will be able to organize events. I'm usually kind of goofy but when it's time to get down to business, I get serious. As president I would do all that I can to the best my abilities. I would be working FOR you and WITH you. I would do my best to take your concerns, ideas, and anything else that you would want to address into consideration. As president I believe I would just be helping you make the most of your sophomore year. I may be small and short, but I have big expectations and as your president, my height will not stand in my way of reaching them. You might not be able to look up to me physically, but I'll do my best so that I won't let you down! :)
    So vote for me, Mary Angelique Demetillo, for sophomore class president!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you candidates for your entries!

    ReplyDelete